Classes and Workshops:
For nearly 40 years, Pasha has helped others learn to Pray in the Silence, using imagery--more powerful in its impact on the brain than words alone.
She has also worked with several hundred people, including veterans, doctors, and other medical personnel, to help them cope with the daily stressors of life by learning techniques for "letting go."
For a list of all Classes and Workshops, click on the Classes and Workshops button to the left.
Most of these lend themselves to both classes of 4-6 weeks or to a workshop environment, 2-4 hours.
Pulpit Supply and Interims:
Please call 515-962-4764 or use the Contact Us button to email Pasha@Pasha-Doorways.com to arrange for either pulpit supply or a short interim ministry.
Pasha is a spinner, weaver, and occasional potter; she spins fleece from her own sheep and hand-dyes for color accents in her woven rugs.Please call 515-962-4764 to discuss your wishes for a commissioned work.
- BA, English, Sterling College, Sterling, KS 1949
- MA, Creative Writing, University of KS, 1958
- 1996 to present: Licensed Minister, Christian Church, Disciples of Christ
- 2003 to present: Volunteer Chaplain (part time), Wesley The Village, Indianola IA
- Published writings include MEDITATIONS ON THE LORD'S PRAYER (1980) and numerous magazine and newspaper articles.
- Feature editor, Westmoreland CO, PA newspaper, 1 1/2 years,
- Teaching experience: Univ. of KS, 1959-61, Instructor in English; Westmoreland County Community College, Asst. Professor, 1971-73.
- Pastoral experience: Intentional interims, Nevada, IA Christian Church; Appointed to St. John United Methodist Church, Rio Grande City, TX, 2004-2007; pulpit supply for United Methodist, Presbyterian, UCC, and Disciples of Christ since 1996; co-pastor, Bethany UMC, Marshalltown, IA, 1 1/2 years.
- Great Plains Regional Director, Heifer International, 8/1989 to 1/1994
1974: Opened DOORWAYS, an umbrella business which has included:
- Retreats for clergy and laity at The Studio, 1005 North E Street, Indianola.
- Creating curriculum and teaching workshops and classes related to spiritual growth and freedom/justice for all. See webpage: Classes and Workshops.
- Misc.: Designed, directed and secured funding from a private foundation for a pilot program to demonstrate that older people being discharged from a PA state hospital could become integrated into their local communities.
- Designed, directed, and taught, with other professional staff, a beginning course in outdoor education, "Environmental Education," accredited by the PA State Dept. of Education.
- Provided retreat leadership for Metanoia, an annual retreat for Iowa women; provided retreat leadership for congregations in IA and TX.
- Handspins fleece from her own sheep; weaves rugs and table runners on commission.
- Member: Indianola Chamber of Commerce; affiliated with both United Methodist and Disciples of Christ denominations.